Insurer with a long history

VGH Versicherungen

Wybierz język

Der Eingang der VGH Direktion am Schiffgraben.

This public-law insurance company is not only an insurer and an employer, it also sponsors social, cultural and sport projects and programmes.

In its current form, VGH is the result of the 1957 merger of two of Lower Saxony’s oldest insurers: Landschaftliche Brandkasse Hannover (founded in 1750) and Provinzial Lebensversicherung Hannover (1918).


VGH offers a wide range of property and personal insurance for private customers, industry and trade, agricultural businesses, local authorities and churches. It is the largest insurer in Lower Saxony. Around 4,600 people work directly or indirectly for VGH, including 450 agents and their staff. In cooperation with the second sales partner, the savings banks, they form a service network covering all of Lower Saxony, which supports around 1.8 million customers and comprises more than five million contracts.

The VGH headquarters near Aegidientorplatz in Hannover in the immediate vicinity of Nord/LB.


In 2000, VGH Versicherungen observed the 250th anniversary of the Landschaftliche Brandkasse by establishing the VGH-Stiftung, a private foundation under civil law. The foundation’s aim is to promote charitable, scientific and cultural projects – with the latter focused on the preservation of historic monuments, literature, fine arts, and the educational role of museums – in the areas where VGH Versicherungen is active.

Zur Homepage der VGH

Ansprechpartner, Anfahrtswege und weitere Informationen finden Sie auf der Homepage der VGH.

Czytaj więcej